Take control over your engineering and business processes
Organizations across the energy sector face growing challenges, from higher costs and risks, to strict regulations, adding to the always-present need to find and deliver new sources of energy.
To improve performance and profitability in this collaborative environment, energy firms seek control over their engineering and business processes.
Our reporting and rational custom solutions encourage collaboration across the value chain, by providing automated systems to manage, organize, and spread information across a distributed project team, while avoiding delays or duplication, such that all parties have access to the latest version of key documentation.
Our solution is addressed to a wide range of organizations active in the energy value chain – from oil and gas companies to mining and utilities firms, engineering, procurement and construction contractors, and equipment manufacturers and suppliers.
Automated reporting benefits
- Improve communication and collaboration across the ecosystem; accessible means to communicate the system model to stakeholders, with multiple language support
- Real-time traceability documents that improve the ability to track changes in all phases of the project, through Requirements, Architecture, Development, Verification, and Security.
- Demonstrate compliance with requirements from government agencies, regulators, standards organizations and engineering professional organizations
- Minimize the effort of showing how requirements were tested and verified by providing compliance documents that link requirements with Systems and SW Validation & Verification (V&V)
- Continuously improve by measuring and reporting progress in real time
Our automated document generation process relies on:
- IBM Rational Publishing Engine
- GEBS Reporting Web Publisher
- GEBS Reporting Excel Converter
- GEBS Reporting PowerPoint Convertor
We also provide custom reporting solutions in the shape of helper tools to cover more complex scenarios and fully meet your requirements.
We offer reporting solutions for Rational tools such as:
- Portfolio Management: Rational Focal Point, Rational Insight
- Requirements Management: Rational DOORS, Rational Requirements Composer, Rational DOORS Next Generation
- Architecture Management: Rational Software Architect, Rational Rhapsody
1. Collaboration documents
Energy firms need a secure and efficient way to share and track information between various project team stakeholders, both internally and with external partners, customers, and vendors client-ready confirmations and payment advices manifests and delivery notes for commodity suppliers
2. Audit and compliance documents
The solutions proposed by us will help you achieve compliance with the industry’s standards and methodologies, including:
- Common Information Model (CIM) – software apps in grid infrastructures
- IEC 61850 standard—defines the design of electrical substation automation
- IEC 61968 standard—normalizes information exchanges between electrical distribution systems
- IEC 61970 standard—articulates the application program interfaces (APIs) for energy management systems
3. Requirements analysis, modeling and design
- System Requirements Document
- Requirements Traceability Report
- System Design Document
- Software Development Document
4. Quality Management Documents
Document testing and verification to ensure that products meet the performance and safety standards
- Test Analysis Report
- Test Plan
- Test Master Plan
- User Acceptance Test Report